Millions of germs manage to make it in the mouth, predominantly on the backside of the tongue. This is the main cause of bad breath in cases which are many as the mouth’s temperate and humid setting is great supplement for teeth and gums – full report – the improvement of bacteria. Bad breath is the common rap for the medical condition referred to as halitosis. Statistics in the United States point out that aproximatelly 40 million of its population has bad breath. This growing number of people who are afflicted by bad breath is already alarming. We must practice good oral hygiene to avoid halitosis.
• Insufficient dentistry hygiene – irregular or inappropriate brushing and flossing of the teeth let very small pieces of foods to be stocked in between the teeth as well as decay within the mouth.
• Infectivity of the mouth – this may be caused by possibly tooth cavity or maybe by periodontal (gum) ailment.
• Respiratory infections – lung infections, sinus or throat
• External resources – eating food with garlic and onions, drinking coffee, chewing tobacco and cigarette smoking. These could also bring about the discoloration of tooth.
• Dry mouth (xerostomia) – this may be caused by “mouth breathing”, salivary gland problems, or medications.
• Illnesses – diseases like diabetes, reflux disease, liver disease, lung disease, sinus disease, kidney disease as well as others.
• Psychiatric ill health -this is referred to as “pseudo halitosis” which refers to the action of thinking of having bad breath but others don’t see it.